Sunday, 1 July 2018

Job share roles

For term one and two I have been job sharing with another teacher. We started off working things out okay and looking back didn't really set a clear guideline with planning. For term two we changed this and had separate days and planning. Another issue that cropped up was communication and neither was clear about how we wanted this to happen. I was finishing at the end of the week and wanted to email and sign off for the week then and this didn't suit the other teacher. We now have a communication book which seems to work. For the future I think I need to not hold back on how I want to communicate which led to a big breakdown between us because I held back on letting her know I used something of hers and planned to replace it because I had noticed she didn't like to be contacted. So going forward - stick with my gut feeling on how to communicate and really ask for clarification on how someone wants to be contacted and also if there is an issue  - deal with it via phone call or face to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment